Best Air Fryers in 2022
By Jennifer Eblin · May 23, 2022
8 Best Air Fryers in 2022
Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10 Quart 6-in-1 DualZone XL 2-Basket Air Fryer
PowerXL Air Fryer Pro
Philips Essential Airfryer-Compact Digital with Rapid Air Technology
Instant Pot Duo Drisp Air Fryer
Magic Bullet Air Fryer
Rise by Dash Compact Air Fryer
Ninja 10-in-1 Smart XL Air Fry Oven
We also compared this Appliances products that could be interesting for you
All the details for our Product picks8 of the Best Air Fryers in 2022
The Ninja DZ401 Foodi 6-in-1 Air Fryer offers a one-year limited warranty from Ninja. However, Ninja will only let you file a claim if you have your original receipt.
Its two baskets are easy to clean and allow you to make two different dishes simultaneously. This Ninja Foodi has six programs to help you perfectly cook anything you want. Thanks to the Match Cook, you only need to press one button to match the cooking settings on both sides.
The DZ401 from Ninja has a large temperature range that starts at 108 degrees Fahrenheit. You can increase the temperature up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pros & Cons
- Cooks up to 14 pounds of food
- IQ Boost to evenly distribute heat
- Six built-in cooking programs
- Cooks frozen ingredients in 30 minutes or less
- Users report that it is difficult to use
- Heavier than standard air fryers
The one-year limited warranty that comes with the PowerXL Air Fryer Pro only covers damage that occurs due to defects or the shipping process. You must contact the manufacturer to file a claim.
Included in the box with the Pro is a rotisserie set that comes with a spit and forks to turn your air fryer into a rotisserie oven. You also receive multiple dishwasher-safe trays and have a nonstick coating to keep food from sticking to the metal. The PowerXL also features a 39-inch long cord, that gives you the freedom to plug your air fryer in wherever you please.
Though PowerXL does not list the entire temperature range, it works at settings of around 150 to more than 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pros & Cons
- Long power cord
- Comes with three additional trays
- Many parts dishwasher-safe
- Modern digital display
- 10 easy-to-use presets
- Might be too big for your needs
- Quite heavy
Philips gives you a limited one-year warranty on this air fryer that begins on your purchase date. The warranty covers any parts you need and the labor required to fix the appliance.
Both the basket and all other removable parts are dishwasher-safe to make cleanup simple. You get both an instruction manual that shows you how to use the air fryer and a recipe booklet. Philips designed this air fryer to shut down when the timer goes off but retains the internal heat to keep food ready for up to 30 minutes.
This air fryer from Philips has a minimum temperature setting of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. You can adjust the temperature to up to 400 degrees.
Pros & Cons
- Exterior stays cool to the touch
- Keeps food hot and ready for up to 30 minutes
- Seven different presets
- Compact and lightweight design
- Ranked as one of the top air fryers for several years
- Handle can break off the basket easily
- Has a smaller capacity than some other air fryers do
Instant Pot gives you a one-year warranty when you purchase your Duo Crisp. This warranty only covers certain types of damage, though, and requires you to provide your original receipt to file a claim.
This air fryer comes loaded with safety features. The safety lock keeps the valve sealed until you release the steam inside, and the overheat protection keeps the air fryer from overheating. The Instant Pot Duo Crisp can also make enough food for six people.
Multicookers like this one let you use low or high heat as well as normal heat. The temperature range drops as low as 275 degrees and climbs as high as 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Large capacity to help you cook for six people
- Some parts dishwasher-safe
- Replaces 11 different appliances
- Lots of safety features
- Higher end of air fryer price range
- Easily breakable parts
Magic Bullet offers a one-year warranty that covers any labor or parts you might need. Your warranty begins on your purchase date but does not cover accidental damage.
The 2.5-quart capacity makes this a great air fryer for singles and couples. It is easy to use and allows you to make all of your favorite dishes in less time and with less fat. The air fryer uses both metal and plastic parts that you can wipe clean with a damp rag or cloth.
Despite its small size, the Magic Bullet Air Fryer has a good temperature range. The lowest setting you can use is 180 degrees, but you can crank up the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Pros & Cons
- Temperature range of 180 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Easy to clean and use
- Compact design saves space
- One of the best budget picks
- Not big enough for families or crowds
- No modern digital features
Dash gives you a limited warranty of one year that covers the basket and all other parts. You have the option of extending your warranty to two years.
Dash gives you a booklet with a few fun recipes to try and also lets you go online to find even more recipes. It uses AirCrisp technology to help food come out crispy and crunchy. The Rise model also has a 30-minute timer that works with the auto-shutoff feature.
This air fryer has a temperature range of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a minimum temperature setting of 200 degrees. You can adjust the temperature with one turn of the knob.
Pros & Cons
- Manual design easy to use
- Comes in many fun colors
- Compact design
- Fits in all budgets
- Holds 2 quarts of food
- Might be too small for your needs
- Lacks digital controls and presets
When you buy this 10-in-1 air fryer, you get a limited warranty that covers the first year after your purchase. Ninja offers a warranty that covers issues that occur due to the manufacturing process.
As a 10-in-1 cooking machine, this air fryer helps you toast breads, bake, and even dehydrate. It functions as both an air fryer and an air roaster. The rear heat source and fan work together to surround your food with warm air to cook it up to 70 times faster than other appliances can.
This air fryer has the same temperature range that standard convection ovens do. You can use a lower temperature of 200 degrees Fahrenheit or less or choose a temperature of 400 degrees or higher.
Pros & Cons
- Provides 10 times the power of standard convection ovens
- Digital display on the handle
- Can cook two sheet pans at once
- Performs 10 functions
- Uses up to 75% less oil than fryers do
- Bigger than other air fryers
- Has some features you may not need
Galanz offers a limited one-year warranty on this microwave air fryer. It does not cover damage caused by abuse or neglect. You must have your original receipt to file a warranty claim.
The best features of this air fryer include its multiple sensors. It has one sensor to monitor your food to keep it from overheating and another sensor that prevents you from burning food as you reheat it. Many users also like that it comes with a rotating tray and a roasting pan that doubles as a baking pan, both of which are dishwasher-safe.
Though Galanz does not list a temperature range for this model, it reaches a higher temperature than standard microwaves do. You can use it at a low temperature when reheating food and increase the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit when baking.
Pros & Cons
- 10 power levels
- Works as a microwave and convection oven as well as an air fryer
- Comes already assembled
- Includes air frying accessories
- Easy to use
- Very heavy
- Takes up a lot of space
- Lacks some air fryer features
List of all Best Air Fryers in 2022 for your needs
|Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10 Quart 6-in-1 DualZone XL 2-Basket Air Fryer||06/2022||$ 229.95||Buy|
|PowerXL Air Fryer Pro||06/2022||$ 98.00||Buy|
|Philips Essential Airfryer-Compact Digital with Rapid Air Technology||06/2022||$ 149.95||Buy|
|Instant Pot Duo Drisp Air Fryer||06/2022||$ 149.00||Buy|
|Magic Bullet Air Fryer||06/2022||$ 53.99||Buy|
|Rise by Dash Compact Air Fryer||06/2022||$ 49.88||Buy|
|Ninja 10-in-1 Smart XL Air Fry Oven||06/2022||$ 329.99||Buy|
|Galanz Air Fryer Microwave Oven||05/2022||$ 99.00||Buy|
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is one of the best small appliances for your kitchen. Air fryers allow you to enjoy fried foods you love, guilt-free, as they use much less oil, lowering the overall fat content. Though similar to convection ovens, air fryers have a smaller footprint and are easy to use. All air fryers have some type of heating mechanism along with a fan. The fan pushes the hot air down and around your food; unlike ovens that simply cook from the top and bottom, air fryers surround your food with heat from all directions to cook it faster. One thing to keep in mind as you shop is that there are different types of air fryers.
What are the different types of air fryers?
- Basket air fryers are among the most popular type and are probably the first thing that comes to mind when you think of these appliances. Also called cylindrical basket air fryers, they come with a basket where you put your food. This basket is usually made of metal with a nonstick coating. The holes in the base and around the sides allow more of the heat to reach and penetrate your food. You can choose one with a single basket or one that comes with two or more baskets. The baskets are removable to allow you to get your food out without burning your hands. You can also easily clean the basket when it comes out of the air fryer. Basket air fryers are usually the most affordable.
- An open-air fryer uses a similar design but is often much larger. Some of the top models are roughly the same size as a convection oven. Open-air fryers are great for cooking for larger amounts of people. Basket models are suitable for air frying but will usually not offer other cooking methods. With an open-air fryer, you can bake cookies and other desserts, cook fresh and frozen pizzas, grill, and broil. A few models come with accessories that allow you to use them as a rotisserie as well. Open-air fryers are often larger and more expensive than other types.
- Paddle air fryers have a built-in paddle that fits inside. This allows you to avoid one of the greatest downsides of using an air fryer: the need to flip your food as it cooks. Comparatively, when you use a deep fryer, you simply pop your food in a basket and drop it in the oil, and the food will shift and move as it cooks. With an air fryer, you often need to flip the food over halfway through the cooking process to get the crispness that you want. However, with a paddle air fryer, the paddle will flip the food over to ensure that both sides are equally crispy. Paddle air fryers are typically more difficult to find than some of the other types are.
- You’ll also find microwave air fryers or toaster air fryers. These air fryers look similar to convection ovens and use the same type of technology but are often much smaller. You may see some manufacturers call these air fryer ovens, too. They allow you to toast bread and bagels in the morning and make pizza at night. Oven air fryers are perfect for home bakers because you can make all of the desserts and treats that you love without preheating your oven. You’ll also find that these air fryers cook food faster than traditional ovens do.
- Multi-cooker air fryers are another great air fryer option. Instant Pot gained a legion of fans when the company introduced its first model, which worked as an electric pressure cooker. While you can buy Instant Pots in different sizes today, the company also makes several air fryer models. With a multi-cooker, you can make dried beans in less than an hour and get a pot of hearty soup on the table in around 30 minutes. When you want to air fry ingredients, simply change the lid and use the button for this setting on the front of the appliance. Instant Pot also makes air fryer lids that fit onto some of its top multi-cookers.
What to look for in an air fryer
Some air fryers are small enough to cook a meal for a single person, while others are big enough for a crowd. Most manufacturers list the capacity in quarts. 2-quart capacity is big enough for someone living on their own, as well as couples. Although, some couples prefer those that can hold 3 to 4 quarts of food. Not only does this allow you to make enough in one cycle for two people, but you can also make a little extra for later.
An air fryer with a capacity of up to 7 quarts is suitable for families and groups of up to six people. For parties and big groups, choose one with a 10-quart capacity. Air fryer ovens and other larger fryers often list their capacity in cubic feet, which tells you how much cooking space is inside.
Temperature range options
Home ovens have temperature controls that cook food slowly on low heat or quickly at a higher temperature. However, many air fryers have a temperature range of around 100 degrees Fahrenheit up to 400, or sometimes even 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Not only do you want to check the temperature range to make sure it will work for you, but you should also consider how you will adjust the temperature. Though some air fryers have presets for making fries and other dishes, other air fryers have a knob that requires you manually set the temperature.
More factors to consider
- Price: You should always consider your budget and how much you can afford to spend on an air fryer before you start shopping. The prices range from around $50 for a small basket air fryer to $200-$300 or more for a larger oven air fryer.
- Wattage: Small air fryers usually use around 800 to 1000 watts of power, which works with your kitchen outlets. Some of the larger air fryers use much more wattage and may require that you install a new outlet to use them.
- Brand: Though not everyone cares as much about brand names as others do, you might find that you prefer buying an air fryer from a brand that you used in the past. Philips and Ninja make some of the top air fryers and have a good reputation among buyers.
- Safety: Some air fryers come with built-in safety features, like staying cool as it runs and having overheat protection.
- Color: Depending on the brand, air fryers often come in a range of colors. While some are only available in shades of black and silver, you can find fun shades like red, blue, and aqua.
- Digital screens: Digital air fryers have a screen on the front that shows you the current temperature, the preset options, and how much time your food still needs to cook. Manual models lack these features and require that you adjust the temperature yourself.
- Presets: Presets might include options for cooking frozen fries and wings or making fresh veggies. You’ll only find presets on digital air fryer models.
- Timer: If you don’t want to stand next to the air fryer as it runs, look for those with a timer. In addition to standard timers that simply count down, some air fryers have timers that automatically shut the machine off when the time runs out.
- Warranty: You should always consider the warranty on the air fryer both in terms of what it covers and how long it lasts. Some companies offer a warranty that lasts for as little as three to six months, while others last for up to a year after purchase.
What can you not cook in an air fryer?
Despite the hype, air fryers are not miracle appliances; they, unfortunately, cannot completely replace things like ovens or stovetops. There are certain things that you cannot or should not cook in an air fryer. For example, foods you batter by hand do not cook well, as some of that batter may slip off and through the basket or tray. You should also avoid certain types of fresh veggies such as spinach. Spinach and other leafy greens will have spots that burn before other spots finish cooking. The same thing can happen when you cook broccoli, especially if you use precut florets or large pieces of vegetables. If you need to cook broccoli and only have an air fryer, try adding a small amount of water to the bottom of a pan and using the pan in the appliance.
Other foods to avoid include large cuts of meat. While air fryers are big enough to cook a beef roast, most are not strong enough to penetrate deep enough to ensure the meat cooks through. Similar problems occur when you try to cook whole chickens and other types of poultry in small air fryers. You can cut the meat into smaller pieces before using it in your air fryer or stick with your standard oven.
While you can make burgers in most air fryers, you may find that you don’t have as much control as you do in a pan or on a grill. The issue is that burgers cook so fast that they may reach a high temperature in mere seconds. There is also a risk that the outside of the burger might burn before you cook the inside when you opt for bigger patties. As burgers naturally have a lot of fat, you may find that it collects in the bottom of your air fryer.
Tips for using an air fryer
Never crowd the basket or tray. When you put too much food on the tray or in the basket, you don’t leave the hot air enough space to cook all of those foods. Not only will this increase your cooking time, but you may also find that some foods cook while others are still raw. If you find yourself frequently crowding your air fryer, you may need a bigger one.
You should also preheat your air fryer and give it time to reach the desired temperature. Air fryers start the cooking process as soon as you add food. If you pop in your food before it reaches the right temperature, it may come out soggy or raw. There’s also a chance that you’ll have some cold spots.
Don’t forget to flip or rotate your food, especially when cooking frozen food. Flipping the food over ensures that both sides get crispy and become golden brown. Many users also recommend that you add a small amount of fat to the bottom of your basket or tray. You usually only need a teaspoon to give the food an extra-crispy coating, which is much less than what is used for traditional frying. A small amount of oil or butter will also keep food from sticking to the bottom.
How did you like this pick?
Share this with your friends:
Last updated on May 23, 2022