Last modified: June 28, 2022
WEBGEARS USA LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website “https://bestpicks.thedailybeast.com/” (the “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Our Website is intended for use by users located in the United States only. If you are accessing our Website outside of the United States, please be aware that the applicable state and federal laws of the United States and other countries to which your information may be transferred may not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your home country.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in any e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- when you click on links or interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- that is about you but individually does not necessarily identify you, such as user names; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling out any forms on the Website. This includes information provided at any time. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track”, please visit https://www.eff.org/issues/do-not-track.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from you or third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from the providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you, us and our business partners. For example, we may use non-personal information to trace transactions on third parties’ websites that were accessed through our Website. This allows us to account for commissions third parties owe us and our media partners under our agreements with these third parties.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and comply with court orders, or governmental regulations, applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates. We note that your personal information may be shared with our group of companies located both in and outside of the United States.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not limited to, Germany.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
How to Update or Correct Your Personal Information
You may access to your personal information or ask to have the information you provided corrected, deleted or removed by emailing us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information on our systems because of backups. We do not actively use information on our backups except to restore data in the event of a data loss.
We may not accommodate a request to change the information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect (in the case of a change). We may deny a request for deletion if retaining the information is necessary for us to comply with applicable laws, rules, regulations and our other legal obligations, maintain and enhance our Website, address security issues, or make use of the information that are compatible with the context you provided it to us.
Your States Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Webgears USA LLC. Attn: DMCA Agent, Webgears USA LLC, C/O Wuersch & Gering LLP, 100 Wall St. Fl. 10, New York, NY 10005 USA.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org or [TOLL-FREE NUMBER]. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.]
To exercise any of these rights, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Webgears USA LLC. Attn: DMCA Agent, Webgears USA LLC, C/O Wuersch & Gering LLP, 100 Wall St. Fl. 10, New York, NY 10005 USA, with the subject line [Privacy Rights Inquiry], stating your request.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media Login
If you have any questions regarding our data protection measures, the processing of your data or regarding the protection of your data subject rights, you can reach us and our data protection officer as follows:
External data protection officer
represented by Prof. Dr. Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg
For all questions and concerns regarding your data, please contact us at
privacy [at] webgears-group.com
If you wish to communicate directly with our data protection officer (for example, because you have a particularly sensitive request), please contact him or her by mail, as communication by e-mail can always have security vulnerabilities. Please indicate in the request that your concern relates to the company Webgears USA LLC.